For those people who do their wedding website through theknot.com, you are automatically rolled over to thenest.com. Yes, full disclosure, I have yet to unsubscribe from the emails I receive from the site. Sometimes your junk emails are nice to go through when you are bored at work. But I digress ... at the beginning of the new year I saw an article about things you should do before you have kids. Inspired by the New Year and New Beginnings I decided to start my own list - restaurants to try, fun DC dates to take, weaknesses to conquer and goals to accomplish. The goal of the list is not just a pre-kids check list, but a keep our marriage sassy/don't be boring/be my best self list. The first huge check off the list was start my own Etsy shop. Check!
Bandolero was one of my must try restaurants. I am a total Top Chef fan, so when I found out one of the contestant's Mike Isabella opened a Mexican restaurant in Georgetown I was like yes please. A couple weekends ago I had a birthday party in Georgetown so I called one of my friends from college to see if she wanted to meet up before hand. She was heading to Bandolero with some other Elon girls and she invited me along. We had an amazing night of delicious food, and hilarious college stories (oh college). Bandolero is Mexican tapas, so if you happen to go (which I do recommend that you do) here are some of the dishes we tried.
Nachos (this was the best dish of the night, perfect)
crispy short rib, queso mixto, chile di arbol
Suckling Pig Taco (extremely tasty)
apple, habanero mustard
apple, habanero mustard
Empanada (my first empanada, did not disappoint)
spinach, leeks, manchego cheese, plantains
spinach, leeks, manchego cheese, plantains

Just re-reading this menu makes me hungry even though I just ate! So fun!
ReplyDeleteSo fun!
ReplyDelete