Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Book of the Month - January


Now that I don't have my time on the Metro anymore, I have seriously slacked on my reading. I have resolved to read one book a month, and this month I read Where Did You Go, Bernadette, by Maria Semple. Loved it! Where Did You Go is about an eccentric woman who disappears after a confrontation with her husband. The narrator is her daughter Bee, and the story unfolds through emails, letters, and faxes between all the characters. Maybe it is my short attention span, but I love books with the short chapters, so this was really easy to move through. The story always kept you on your toes, I definitely didn't expect how the plot was going to unfold. 2014 is off to a great start, I would definitely recommend this one. Any suggestions for the rest of the year?

4 comments:

  1. Just finished Love With a Chance of Drowning by Torre DeRoche. really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED this book!!! So weird and great. I finished Mindy Kahling's book recently, which was funny and cute (if you haven't read it already!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie I loved Mindy's book too!

    ReplyDelete