Like I mentioned earlier, my in-laws came for a visit this past weekend. I stressing to think of fun activities to do in D.C. in the middle of the winter, but we managed to be on the go the entire weekend.
Friday after work they met us at our apartment and we gave them the grand tour (it took less than 30 seconds). Then we were off to 14th street, the neighborhood closest to our apartment that is filled with all these new, really great looking restaurants. We did a little 14th Street tour: beer and mac & cheese sticks at Birch & Barley; avocado salad and the most delicious sausage pizza you have ever tasted at Ghibellina; and then wine and french fries at Cork.
Saturday we gave them the glimpse of Zach tour. We walked around American, and drove over to his new office. The National Cathedral is very close to American so we decided to go in. I have always wanted to see the cathedral from the inside, and wow, it was simply stunning. If you are in the area I strongly recommend it. In the evening we did a little rainy, window shopping in Georgetown and then did drinks and appis at JPauls while we watched some of the football games.
Sunday started with church and breakfast in Georgetown. We then rented Capital BikeShare bikes and showed them around Crystal City. We then biked on the Mt. Vernon Trail and headed to Gravely Point, a park that stands right next to Reagan airport and the Potomac River. You can see the water, the Washington Monument, and planes taking off and landing. It really is a sight. I personally was more impressed that I biked on such a busy trail, but I am glad we could show his parents one of the coolest parks of the city. We capped off the weekend at Lauriol Plaza, per my father-in-law's request (and obviously we were more than happy to oblige).
It was great to be able to show them more of our lives in D.C., and spend a relaxing weekend together before the craziness of baseball begins. I can't believe in less than a month spring training!
No comments:
Post a Comment