This past weekend I had the pleasure of catching up with a bunch of family and friends in my favorite state of North Carolina!
Friday I had comp time, so I took the day and was in North Carolina by lunch time. I picked up my cousin at her cute new rental home in Raleigh, and we drove down to Elon. I have been wanted to get down to Elon for awhile now, and it was great to walk around for a bit. Elon you are so pretty! We also got to see my good friend E who is the Athletic Business Manager there.
After my walk down memory lane, we drove back to Raleigh to meet up with the rest of my cousins. We went to Yard House in North Hills for dinner and to watch the basketball games, and then we walked across the street to do a little bowling. My aunt was watching my nephew for the night, so my sister was in rare form! None of us are really good bowlers, and the beers did not help the cause either. We had a lot of laughs though.
Saturday was spent with a group meal at Cowfish, a burger/sushi restaurant in North Hills that a lot of people have told me about. I had a bbq burgushi roll that lived up to the hype. After lunch we separated for manis for the girls and golf for the guys. It was 70s, and a perfect North Carolina day.
Sunday I had breakfast with my aunt, uncle and cousins-in-law. North Carolina has only gotten better since I've added a couple more wonderful family members to it. We caught up and then it was time for me to drive back to D.C.
Thank you to everyone for the wonderful visit! I had a great time.

No comments:
Post a Comment