Well we are half way there! It is day 10 on Zach and I's Whole 30 (for 19 days) challenge and I am down 9lbs. I was not expecting that! The first three days I was miserable, but then I started to turn the corner. The days got a lot easier, and most of the time I really wanted food it was because I was bored, not hungry. Monday we had a Snow Day and I got pretty hangry. I think that is because normally you associate snow days with eating and drinking. Other than that I am feeling good.
While we didn't indulge like we normally do on our snow day, I did make some yummy chili. If you like a kick, you will like this soup.
Paleo Chili (Whole 30 Compatible)
Original Recipe Found Here.
1 medium onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 jalapeño, finely diced
1 lb. grass-fed ground beef
2 T. chili powder
1 ½ t. cumin
1 ½ t. paprika
1 t. oregano
1 t. dried parsley
Sea salt and pepper, to taste
1 15-oz can diced tomatoes
1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
¼ cup chicken or beef broth
Instructions:
Heat a skillet or sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef, breaking it up with a wooden spoon. When the ground beef is almost fully cooked, stir in the chopped onion, bell pepper, garlic and jalapeño. Cook for 7-9 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the spices. Mix well to combine. Add the broth, diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. Stir everything together. I added a half can of water to thin it out a bit. (I was able to get more of the tomato sauce out of the can by doing so.) This is completely optional. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
No comments:
Post a Comment