Last weekend Zach and I finally took our trip to San Francisco. We have wanted to go for forever, planned a trip for November, but things happened, so we ended up with a long weekend in March. It was well worth the wait and a great trip indeed!
Friday we landed, rented a car, and drove across the Golden Gate Bridge to Marin County to meet Zach's long time mentor. He was a great guy and it was nice to finally put a face to a name that I have heard so much about since I met Zach. We then drove into the town of Tiburon to grab a drink at Sam's Anchor Cafe. In the midsts of a never ending winter, and 19 days of not drinking, this was absolute perfection - a very large patio, on the water, with a view of downtown San Francisco. Amazing! Maximizing our time with the car, we drove back in the direction of San Francisco and parked by the overlook for the Golden Gate Bridge. This is one of the Top Ten views of my life. It's a front row seat to a real man made beauty. After our little photo shoot we drove into the city to snap a pic in front of the actual Full House house (sadly painted blue), and see Alamo Square, another scene in the opening of the show. Packing it all in, we ended the night in North Beach, sitting on the sidewalk of an Italian restaurant dining on pasta and pizza.
Saturday we woke up early (damn time change) and hopped on a cable car (no shame in being a tourist). I marveled at how that damn car could get up those insane hills, and I stressed out when we nearly hit a car, but I am glad we did it haha. We then walked through the neighborhoods of Russian Hill and Nob Hill, down to the water. Those hills are no joke my friends! Our walk continued to Fisherman's Wharf where we saw the sea lions, and ended at the Ferry Building where we walked through the Farmers Market. This was one of my favorite things. The Ferry Building was filled with great stalls of delicious food (cinnamon bun biscuits, Blue Bottle coffee), and the market set up outside was bustling with street food and other goodies. That night we went to a great local place for happy hour and ended with Ghiradelli ice cream sundaes in Ghiradelli square ... yum.
Sunday we ended our trip with a morning ferry over to Alcatraz. It kind of reminded me of a zoo. We got a cool audio tour narrated by former inmates, but I was more concerned about the two little kids next to me taking the same tour. I hope they were hearing other stories!!
Obviously it would have be great to stay longer, but we really had the perfect visit for our time there.










No comments:
Post a Comment