Sunday, August 17, 2014

Clean Out

I love my parents dearly. They are the most generous people I know, but I have not made a secret about the fact that I think they should audition for Hoarders. Saturday, however, a very significant effort was made to declutter their house. 

My sister found a Groupon for junk removal, and that instigated a family get together to clean out my parent's storage room. There have been efforts to clean out the storage room in the past, but it seems like its contents just multiplies. It looks like a messier version of the Room of Requirement in Harry Potter. We laughed, we cried, we hauled, and took a walk through memory lane. I can very happily report by the end of the day we had about 8 or 9 trips to the dump worth of stuff out of the house! 

This is a shot of what I saved for my self from the binge - a Teddy Bear china set from the year I was born, a Spode Christmas cookie platter, a christmas ornament that my Uncle Michael made, two books that I loved growing up, and two of the beanie babies from that 1,000+ my mom collected (remember when everyone thought that would get you rich, haha?).


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad our mess led to your treasure hunt & finding your magical items.

    ReplyDelete