Saturday, August 23, 2014

Ocean City, MD


I know, I know, Zach and I have been gone a lot this summer. This however was our first trip that wasn't for a wedding or to see family. Zach has a two week break from grad school and he wanted a 'just us' vacation. He also wanted to take a walk down memory lane, so we went to Ocean City, MD where he used to spend time at his grandparent's beach house. I was a little skeptical - the beach has a seriously high trash factor - but we had so much fun. 


We stayed at the Princess Royal which had a great indoor pool. Our room had a little balcony that looked on to it below. After some quality relaxing we hit the boardwalk for some people watching, and to take in OC at its finest. The boardwalk is a collection of carnival rides, beach shops, restaurants, and temporary tattoo stands. The graphic tank tops and calf tattoos were plentiful. We had Trashers fries, an OC tradition, and to my delight I actually wooded Zach's butt at Skeeball (seriously, I can't beat him at anything). We had dinner at a great brewery that overlooked the bay, you couldn't ask for a better view. I think OC is kinda like Vegas, it is a lot of fun for a short period of time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment