Thursday, September 25, 2014


Since I graduated Elon I have bounced around to many different apartments. It was never my goal to move every single year, but somehow it just worked out that way. So its funny now that the apartment I have lived in the longest has been a cramped studio with my husband and 11-year-old springer spaniel. We celebrated our one-year living in the city last week and here are a few observations I have picked up in my year studio city living.

Being able to walk to everywhere is the BEST THING EVER. I'm mean every day I walk to and from to work. Even when it was 10 below and snowing, I found it much easier to just walk then go to a metro station, hop on, get off, walk to work. Want to go to a week night concert? Sure, because we can just walk home! Bored on Tuesday, how about a nice little walk to get fro yo? It's great.

Running or walking by the Monuments never gets old. Never!

I’ve missed having a car about four times this past year. The Mama Bear Cart has made life really easy.

It’s not a perfect solution, but you have to be okay with your storage solutions when living in a studio. Yes, my crockpot is the coat closet, next to the laundry detergent and tool kit, and that is just how it is going to be.

Everywhere I go know I will see that our apartment can fit into most people’s kitchens.

Skinny, velvet hangers ... they are amazing. These guys ... rip off. 

One of the few drawbacks of studio living … phone calls. It’s hard to call your girlfriends when for a long chat when you know another person has to hear that whole conversation with you.

I have a pretty great life partner when the only complaint I can think about after a year of studio living is no space for phone calls!

No comments:

Post a Comment