On Sunday Zach, Hi-Kat, and I met outside the restaurant. As people came out of the restaurant they stopped to take pictures in front of the famous facade. After a 30 minute wait in line (the service is slow, but worth the wait) we ordered. Ben's is covered in picture's of their famous patrons (including plenty of Obama shout-outs), so you have some visuals to entertain you. I deviated from the Chili Half Smoke, and went with the simple Chili Dog. Accompanied with cheese fries, the meal was great, even if I will be working it off for the next week. Yum.
Monday, February 1, 2010
Ben's Chili Bowl
Once it became very clear that North Carolina was not going to happen, a new, fun DC activity was planned: lunch at Ben's Chili Bowl. Ben's is a DC institution - one of the only merchants on U Street to survive the riots after the assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr., famous for their Chili Half Smokes. A visit had been on my must-do DC list for a long time.

On Sunday Zach, Hi-Kat, and I met outside the restaurant. As people came out of the restaurant they stopped to take pictures in front of the famous facade. After a 30 minute wait in line (the service is slow, but worth the wait) we ordered. Ben's is covered in picture's of their famous patrons (including plenty of Obama shout-outs), so you have some visuals to entertain you. I deviated from the Chili Half Smoke, and went with the simple Chili Dog. Accompanied with cheese fries, the meal was great, even if I will be working it off for the next week. Yum.
On Sunday Zach, Hi-Kat, and I met outside the restaurant. As people came out of the restaurant they stopped to take pictures in front of the famous facade. After a 30 minute wait in line (the service is slow, but worth the wait) we ordered. Ben's is covered in picture's of their famous patrons (including plenty of Obama shout-outs), so you have some visuals to entertain you. I deviated from the Chili Half Smoke, and went with the simple Chili Dog. Accompanied with cheese fries, the meal was great, even if I will be working it off for the next week. Yum.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i very much enjoyed our sunday afternoon date. let's do it again soon!
ReplyDelete