Sunday, February 7, 2010

Snowpacalypse


We are now officially on Day 6, Blizzard #2, of DC’s snowmagedon. The snow started falling around Friday afternoon. I was excited. I got off work early, the snow was pretty, and I had nothing but a full weekend ahead of me with Zach and Riley. I would say the Blizzard officially came on Saturday. Outside, the busy streets became a playground. There were no cars to be found, so Zach and I walked Riley all over, jumping through snow piles. I’m not going to lie, it was really fun! Metro closed all their outside stations, so we were isolated in our South Arlington cocoon. We spent the rest of the weekend eating good food (when you wait 50 minutes to pick up home-made pizza ingredients, the pizza tastes so much better), playing in the snow, and watching the Saints beat the Colts.



Monday I had my very first professional snow day. Since I have always worked with companies under 20 people, the whole “if the federal government closes for snow, we will close for snow” rule never applied to me. The only way I would have a professional snow day, is if the Metro closed. To me, I never thought I would see that happen. It turns out that if there is 8 inches of snow, outside Metro stations have to close! So with no metro, and not wanting to get into my Honda Civic, we decided to walk Target. It is about 2 miles each way, and a great way to help cabin fever. However, once Zach and I returned for Target, we received the new news that DC was expecting another one to two feet of snow on Tuesday! Seriously??



With the break in between blizzards, I managed to get to work on Tuesday for a couple of hours. The snow started falling again by nightfall, and our second blizzard really took affect this morning. I am cherishing this time to lay in my bed and catch up on episodes of Lost, but if we get anymore snow this winter, I might have some issues. It is time for snowmagedon to end!

1 comment: