So the blizzards of 2010 had stopped snowing by Thursday, but the aftermath was making all forms of transportation a little bit dicey. I do rock a trusty Honda Civic, but it is no match to the multiple feet of snow on unpaved roads. It was touch and go for a little bit, but Zach and I did manage to get into downtown DC to the Ronald Regan Building for the Washington DC International Food and Wine Festival. The Ronald Regan Building holds the Department of Commerce, but is also an amazing venue for DC events. We spent the afternoon tasting wines from all over. I am not the biggest wine girl, so I was a little overwhelmed. I was no match for the older ladies who had their own personal wine holder necklaces. We had a great time though, and drank some great wine. Fabiolli, a winery in Northern Virginia that I had gone to for a girls day while back, had their wines there as well. I love their raspberry wine because you get to drink it with chocolate.
After the festival we hit up a few of our favorite DC spots, and ended the night where we had our first date, Matchbox. The wait was long, the bar was crowded, and the pizza was delicious. I have to say, it was just as good as the first time we went :) It was a perfect way to celebrate Valentine's Day.
aww that sounds like such a cute little valentines day! glad you had a great day!
ReplyDelete