Oh the kindness of strangers. After work yesterday I was trying to kill time before I had to meet up with some friends at the metro to head to an Elon Happy Hour. I had gone to the bank, picked up my dry cleaning, and wandered around CVS for about 10 minutes until I was restless, and headed of to the metro stop. I walked up to the corner of Eighteenth and Eye, and positioned myself near a flower vendor. Now the vendor started hollering at me as I was walking, “you want a rose, let me give you a rose honey”. I did my best, I don’t hear you, you must not be talking to me impression, but to no avail. He approached. The man then told me, he must give me a rose. I politely refused, and told him I had no money. But for some reason, he really wanted to give me one. He walked back to his cart, and pulled out a single red rose, “I don’t want it to go to waste”.
Oh creepy, older men. . . I don’t get why they dig me. They always have, and I guess they always will. But for today, I will stop and smell my rose, and smile about the kindness of strangers.
No comments:
Post a Comment