Thursday, January 13, 2011

1700 Pennsylvania Avenue




One of the best things about where I work, that I scarcely take advantage of, is its location. I am right by the White House (exit my building, walk to the end of the block, cross the street, and BAM! you are there baby). There is nothing cooler taking a stroll out of work and suddenly you are looking at one of the U.S.'s most iconic homes.

Sometimes I forget that I am so close by because I rarely have a reason to cross the street. My bank, favorite lunch places and my metro stop are all on one side of the street. Today however, I was meeting Shelby at lunch near her work, so I got to walk bye.

No cars are allowed to drive in front of the White House anymore, so I like to walk in the middle of the street and feel super cool. I usually end up in the background of a couple photos shot by the tourists taking in the D.C. scene. Have you ever wondered how many people have pictures of you when you are just randomly in the background? To the three Asians on segways posing with the peace sign up - that girl in the pink scarf is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment