Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Look forward to the unknown …


My planner is a laughing at me. Last year I purchased myself one of the cutest personal planners a girl could ask for – Erin Condren Life Planner – fully equipped with colorful pages, stickers to denote special occasions and fun quotes to start off each month. So with 2011 approaching, I asked for a new one for Christmas, and was delighted to get it! That is until I went to open up the planner to figure out my week, and saw January’s “inspirational” quote – Look forward to the unknown …

How did my little life planner know that 2011 was going to be the year of the unknown for me? Zach officially moved back to Texas at the end of December to pursue an amazing career opportunity. That means visits, living situations, life, etc… is all unknown! And I hate that! I am very much a planner, and to a fault think days, weeks, months in advanced. I am telling myself to relax and take it all in, but I just am not good at that at all. Case in point, my planner is laughing at me.

I kicked off the year of the unknown in Austin to see Zach’s new apartment and celebrate the new year with him and his sisters. His place is perfect for him, and the price is even more perfect. Why does it cost so much to live in D.C.?? I’ll never know. We went to the top of Mt. Bonnell for some amazing views of Austin and Andy Roddick’s house, took a night time drive through the University of Texas, and ate dinner on the famous 6th Street. I can’t wait to explore more and see what the city has to offer.





I hope everyone had an amazing New Year and is looking forward to what it has in store. Happy 2011!

1 comment:

  1. I have the same planner - I love it!! Cheers to 2011 and unknown adventures!

    ReplyDelete