Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Science of Single


Last week on my flight out of Austin I oh so smoothly left my Kindle in the seat back pocket on the plane :( After calling each airport the plane went to after I disboarded (St. Louis, Boston, Baltimore) and placing a lost and found report with Southwest's main office, I have come to the painful conclusion that my Kindle is in fact gone. Sad face.

My Kindle is gone, but this does give me the chance to use a Barnes and Noble's gift card I got for Christmas. After reading a preview on the DCist, I went to B&N today and bought a copy of The Science of Single: One Woman's Grand Experiment in Modern Dating, Creating Chemistry and Finding Love. To break it down, the author is a native D.C. girl who decided to spend one year trying every dating method in the book and write about the results. Speed dating, dating coaches, online dating, the works. I'm really excited to start reading, not because I need tips (so happily in a relationship :)) but because the stories are probably very relate able to what my friends and I have been through in D.C. And attending speed dating - I thought that only happened in the movies! I promise to let you know how the book turns out when I am done.

1 comment: