Sunday, April 3, 2011

Austin

After 6 ridiculously long weeks Zach and I had another weekend together in Austin. I flew down Friday night which also happened to be our 2 year anniversary, so it was perfect. Friday night we exchanged some presents (bf did well!!) and woke up early Saturday to explore downtown. This was my third time to Austin, but the first time was with a bunch of visitors, and the second time it rained the entire weekend, so I was excited to see what the city was all about.

Through downtown Austin runs Town Lake, and along the lake are these great hike and bike trails. We took Riley and started walking to downtown. The trails were packed with people and the city buildings along the lake was an amazing backdrop. Who knew my former not-so-active self would highly value outdoorsy running trails in a pace to live? But Austin can definitely check that off its list. After our little hike we rented a canoe and took it down the lake to see the sites by water. Oh and did I mention it was in the high 80s? Perfection.





That night as we were walking around trying to find a place to eat, we passed this restaurant with an outdoor courtyard where a band was playing. It was a little pricey, so we decided to keep on looking, but after checking some places with really long waits we headed back. I am so glad we did. It was probably still in the low 80s, and we got a table right by the stage. The band was two guitarists and they were singing Party in the USA when we walked it. Love it!! Our only regret was that we didn't get there sooner. Great weather, good steaks, live music, and perfect company ... it was a wonderful night.





Sunday I got a tour of Zach's stadium and got to check out his work. And after a little Texas bbq he dropped me off at the airport. It was a short weekend, but it was a perfect one. Now we just have to wait until the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment