After an hour or so layover in Detroit I boarded my next plane. However, 20 minutes into boarding we received a notice that a tornado had hit the St. Louis airport and they needed to asses the damage before we could take off. But seeing as how my week was going, it was not good news. Our flight was cancelled and I got put up at an ultra classy Detroit Best Western. How classy?? They had a tanning bed in the hotel lobby.
Saturday morning I was flown to Atlanta still in attempts to get to St. Louis. Right before we took off from Detroit Paige called to say the airport was closed till Wednesday ... Awesome. I landed in Atlanta and my flight was indeed cancelled, and I booked a flight back to Baltimore. Two days - three flights - no St. Louis :( Hopefully this means smooth sailing for PP's wedding!
I would like to thank my friend L.B. for coming to my rescue when I arrived back home. I had a good cry and she served me some wine. The perfect recipe after a craptastic weekend.
This is a picture of a mug I found in Atlanta - it really captured my mood.
No comments:
Post a Comment