Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Elon?


When my friends and I moved to Virginia after college we loved to play the Elon game. What is that you ask? Oh its very simple. Basically it was us in any public place (a Nats game, a bar, the Washington Monument, etc...) and yelling Elon? With out fail we would have someone turn around and say, "I went to Elon," "My sister went to Elon, "I'm going to Elon this year." In the D.C. area is it crazy how many connections there are to our small little University.

Sunday night I had dinner with one of those friends I used to play the Elon game with at the home of another Elon grad Lauren. Kate invited me along, and although I knew Lauren from school we hadn't seen each other since college. I was a little nervous but the three of us had a really good time. We dined on turkey soft tacos and no-pudge brownies and threw out all our Elon names to catch up gossip. It was perfect way to spend a Sunday night.

Long Live Elon!

2 comments: