Monday, July 18, 2011

Lexington, Kentucky


This weekend Zach and I celebrated the marriage of Paige and Jack. I can still remember the first time Paige told me about her new husband. I could just tell things were a little different, and this guy was special, so I am so happy I could be part of their big day!

The weekend started off Thursday night when Zach and I flew into Cincinnati. We started Friday morning off in Starbucks while Zach did work and I munched a truly delicious salt bagel from the Breuger’s across the street. When work was done we got to seeing the town. The main downtown area of Cincinnati seemed pretty reasonable, and very walkable. Their baseball stadium and football stadium (Chad Ochocinco, kiss the baby) are right along the water. After exploring the baseball stadium we crossed a bridge into Kentucky (how cool is that) and explored a little in those neighborhoods. I am a big fan of places where you don’t have to get into a car to get to and from so Cincinnati you were alright in my book.



We then got into the car and drove to Lexington. Lexington is a very pretty town, and it reminds me a lot of North Carolina. I guess they are pretty famous for their horses and their bourbon (neither interest me that much) so if you are in to that sort of thing, you will really like it there. We at dinner at Portofino downtown and it was fricken delicious. We sat at the bar and enjoyed two great glasses of wine and split this delicious bruschetta dish soaked in a creamy, garlic sauce. If you are ever in the downtown Lexington area, I highly recommend the place. After dinner headed over The Chase Tap Room to meet up with the bridal party. Zach got to meet E and P and we both got meet the rest of her Kentucky friends.



Saturday morning was very relaxed before the wedding. Zach got some work done, we hung out in our super amazing hotel room (you could swim laps in our bathtub it was so huge) and got pedicures. The newly engaged Kimmy and Brad checked in the hotel and the four of us headed over to the wedding.

The church was a gorgeous building with dark wood, arched ceilings and stained glass windows. Paige looked stunning in a lace gown and a Katherine Middletown do. E was the hottest looking bridesmaid in the game in a cute navy number P had picked out. Paige and Jack exchanged their vows and became Mr. & Mrs. Reigel!



Their reception took place on the grounds of the University Kentucky in a great looking Alumni Building. We grabbed a table next to the dance floor and enjoyed the night drinking and dancing with friends. The band played Brick House so my brother would give the wedding two thumbs up. P’s friends had some real moves on the dance floor; flipping and doing splits … I was impressed. Most importantly, it looked like P & J had a great time!

Sunday we said goodbye to everyone and headed back to Cincinnati. For the first time in 7 months we were actually at the airport together, which was a nice change of pace. Overall it was just a perfect weekend. Many, many congratulations are in order to the new Mr. & Mrs. Reigel!


1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness, you're too much. thanks for posting pictures! miss you already!

    ReplyDelete