Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up

This past weekend was full of lots of family bonding time and lots of pigging out when one of my most favorite people on this world, my cousin LD, came to town.

Saturday morning I picked her up bright and early. Now I must tell you, we love each other to death, but we are very different people. LD is much more comfortable in boots, riding a horse, as I am at home walking through the city streets. When I told her our itinerary for the day she had to pour herself some liquid courage to prepare herself for getting on the metro.


After stopping by to say hello to my parents, we got on the metro and headed to Nationals stadium. My friend Tina was in town for the weekend and heading to the game, so we met her at the Bullpen before she went in. The Bullpen is this outside, fenced-in area, next to the stadium. They sell hotdogs and cheap beer, and have bands and corn hole. Top it off with a bunch of fratty DC-ists its basically college! So we met up with Tina, ate some delicious hot dogs, caught some sun and watched guys try to out macho one another at the "see how fast you can pitch" booth. It was delightful.


After Tina went into the game, LD and I headed over to Lauriol Plaza for some margaritas and queso. Clearly, I was in heaven.


The next day we actually headed back to Nationals stadium, but this time made it into the game. This time we were joined by my sister, her fiance, their friends and my mom. We would have enjoyed ourselves more, but D.C.'s humidity was in full force. We were all sweating from head-to-toe, and I got some serious sun. The Nats were getting killed, which didn't help moral, but around the third inning I took a walk to check out the Shake Shak situation. Mmmm, delicious. If you are D.C., definitely check it out.


All in all, a very good weekend. I hope you all had a good 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment