Thursday, January 19, 2012

Great Falls, VA

In the many, many years of my friendship with my most crunchiest of friends, Shelby, I have never gone hiking with her. It's not from a lack of trying on her part, I have just never crossed the line with her. This all changed Monday though, when I agreed to go hiking with her.

Shelby knew what a big deal this was, so I think she dumbed it down a little for me. Nevertheless, we had a great time! We went to Great Falls on the Virginia side (there is a Maryland side too - my sister actually got engaged there). I brought along Riley, and we had a great little girls hiking trip.

The trail goes along the Potomac River and there are actually so pretty cool views. The trail was fairly manageable. There were only a few times when I was worried about myself or Riley falling off a cliff ;) We encountered a lot of fellow hikers along the way and even met Rileys twin Scout!



Normally admission to Great Falls is $5, but since it was a holiday, admission is free. I highly recommend this a D.C. getaway without having to travel too far. I don't know why I waited so long to go with Shelby, but I definitely want to go again sometime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment