Last weekend Zach's parents came to D.C. for a couple of days. While they do come up yearly, they are mostly in Baltimore because of baseball. Neither have them have really explored D.C. in ages, and they also wanted to check out some spots for our rehearsal dinner :)
Friday night Zach and I met them at their hotel and walked over to Veritas, a cute wine bar in Dupont Circle. Zach's family LOVES wine, and I have been wanting to try this place forever. It was cosy, dimly lit, and had a wine list the size of most Harry Potter novels. They also served beer, so it made me happy. After our wine we took them to Lauriol Plaza, of course, of favorite restaurant. Like every other visitor we bring, his parents were very happy and stuffed after we left.
Saturday morning we continued with the usual Zach and Susan D.C. tour. We started at Eastern Market. It was freezing so Zach's mom picked up a hat. That was followed by amazing burgers at Good Stuff. Sadly, we did not see Spike.
Zach's mom works at Pottery Barn so we swung by there to check out some sales (she gets an amazing discount!). As we were leaving Zach sits down in a chair and commented about how wonderful it was. I sat down, and had to agree, it was the definition of a perfect chair (I have been wanting an amazing chair and a half for ages). Well I looked down to see how expensive it was, and to my surprise it was marked down almost $1,000. I looked over at his mom, calculated her discount, and realized I could not say no to this chair!! I am currently typing in it right now ... amazing.

In the evening we showed his parents around Georgetown, including the church where we are getting married. Pretty right?
Then we met my parents and brother at Clyde's Chinatown to see about some rehearsal dinnering. The room they have is just perfect. Very D.C. and private. The restaurant is located right above the metro, and there is plenty of nightlife for our friends to meet us after the dinner is done. I am very excited!

We took them to church on Sunday and then said goodbye. Overall it was a great weekend for everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment