Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thursday Thoughts

1. I have discovered two products this week that I absolutely love. 1 - Target's fizzy water, Strawberry Lemonade flavor. It's like crack, I swear. Absolutely love :) 2 - This shade of nail polish I impulsively bought at CVS. It's Sally Hansen Quick Dry in True Silver. I love the deep gun metal color. Yay for cheap thrills.




2. It took me two hours to get into the city today. That sucks. 30 extra minutes driving to the metro and 30 extra minutes on the metro makes me a tired girl. Thank goodness for my Kindle.

3. Did anyone else own a pair of platform sandals back when the Spice Girls were all the rage? I did, in yellow. It wasn't until I almost walked out of the gym this morning that I realized the woman walking on the treadmill next to me was wearing them as she was walking. Wow.



4. I would really like to hang out with my neighbors from college right now. Very excited for Kimmy's bachlorette so we can reunite again.

5. I am really excited for this upcoming weekend. We are meeting with a wedding caterer and going to a Matt Nathenson concert.

6. Unemployment is a bear on your emotions. You feel ashamed, embarrassed, stressed, sad, hopeful, optimistic ... the whole gambit. I'm starting my temp job on Monday and a lot of people were surprised that I wasn't acting more excited. I guess I was holding out hope there would be this 11th hour phone call from a person giving me an offer for a permanent job. It was probably an hour from my last interview of the day where it just hit me. I have done all that I can do. I have worked hard for five months. I have sent out cover letter after cover letter, and interviewed from the far out suburbs of Virginia, the motherland of D.C., and out in Baltimore, MD. I am not going to get a permanent job offer this week and I am going to be okay with that. I have worked hard, I will work hard for this temp job working on a really great project, and eventually I will return to work full time again. I just have to let it be ... and be okay with that.

2 comments:

  1. Oh girl those were 'Rocket Dog' flip flops and they were all the rage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to hang out with you too!

    ReplyDelete