Sunday, February 5, 2012

Week One Wrap Up


My first week back at work … woo-hoo!! I must say, I kind of like it.

Monday I started and met a lot of people. My department is very small (2 people) but the organization fills 2 whole floors of a very big office building in D.C. Everyone is very sweet, I think this probably has to do something with what they do for a living. You can’t be nasty if you are helping out foster kids for a living.

Wednesday I went with one of my co-workers to a middle school to talk to some kids. They will be volunteering through-out the semester and part of the profits will go towards Wednesday’s Child. The kids walked into the classroom, all came up to me and gave me a very firm handshake. Where did they come from? I don’t know any kids with social skills like that. I was impressed.

Thursday the team and I went over to the venue for our gala. We had a tasting and looked over a few linen and flower choices. Two tastings in less than a week?? So much for losing weight. The food was delicious! I saw the space we would be working with for the first time, so that was great for me. It is going to be a very impressive event when its all said and done!

So my first week back was great. My commute sucks big time. Like close to an hour and 45 minutes each way big time. The most convenient metro station fills up on parking on an ungodly hour, so I have to drive out of my way to a station and take a longer ride in. Oh well. At least I’m back! Yeah baby :)

1 comment: