Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Wedding Wednesday - Caterer!


Since our venue is essentially just a hall and nothing else, the biggest cost we have to worry about in our wedding is the caterer. I started asking for proposals pretty early on in the whole wedding process, but this was the first time we could sit down and meet with one with Zach being back. There was only one caterer in our price range so I was NERVOUS that they wouldn't be up to snuff.

Saturday Zach and I drove to the caterer's office and met my mom, dad and Bobby. I didn't know what to expect with our tasting but I was pleasantly surprised. We were served a salad, and then were brought potential appetizers that we would pass during the cocktail hour. The southwestern chicken salad on cornbread was AMAZING! I was already getting full when we started to sample mash potatoes in martini glasses and a carving station. We then moved to a different room and tested out the pasta station. This being a tasting I was figuring a little plate of pasta would be served to us. Oh no, they gave us all a full plate! We ended the tasting with my favorite part of the meal ... the quesadilla station!! One of the many things I love about Zach is the fact that, just like me, he could eat Mexican food every day of the week. I want our wedding food to be fun and not too stuffy - just like us!

Walking out of the tasting Zach and I were so happy. The food was delicious and I think our guests are really going to enjoy themselves. This was a HUGE thing off our checklist so I am extremely relieved. It's all coming along now!

No comments:

Post a Comment