Thursday, April 18, 2013

Ugh

So I know it has been said before, but I just had to write it out. I can't believe the atrocity that happened this Monday in Boston. It is hard to wrap your head around how people can commit such unimaginable acts of terror. 

I am a runner but will probably never complete a marathon (never say never, but I have no interest now). However, I have so many friends that do run on that level and have learned what an incredibly HUGE deal running the Boston Marathon is. Even watching it! I used to live along mile 23 of the Marine Corp Marathon. Going down to the street and cheering the runners along was so emotional. I didn't know a single soul running, but just witnessing people putting everything they had into running the race made me feel so inspired. These terrorist struck at the most emotional, rewarding, awe inspiring moment of thousands of peoples lives. 

Sadly this will most likely not be the last terrorist attack we will see. I am praying for comfort to come to those victims, and that love conquers in the end. 

Love you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment