Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Boot(ies) & Bow ties

Baby Boy Bubbly
I am running a bit behind here, but a couple weekends ago I threw my sister and future nephew Greyson a Boot(ies) & Bow ties baby shower. My sister grew up in MD, but she does wish herself to be a southern lady haha. So I thought this was very appropriate for her. 


One of my favorite things about the shower was that some of our NC family came into town for it. It was nice to host a bunch of my loved ones at our new apartment, and my cousin was a blessing to get all that shower cooking done on time! 


My sister is a popular lady, so I think we opened for presents for two hours. But in the mean time, I tried to keep her guests entertained so they didn't poked their eyes out in boredom. The menu was southern inspired: BBQ sliders, bow tie pasta, mac & cheese muffins, hot crab dip, baked potato dip, Mississippi mud pie cookies, and mini fruit pizzas. Bless my sweet Dad, he brought me half a case of chardonnay for the shower. I found a good punch recipe for it, so that was a big hit with the ladies. Our big game of the shower was Price Is Right. I purchased a few items from Janet's Buy Buy Baby registry, and the guest tables guessed how much they cost. No surprise, the table full of new moms took home the grand prize. We also did the tradition gift bingo. It seemed like everyone had a great time, and Greyson was spoiled rotten. Can't wait till July!

2 comments: