Sunday, April 7, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up

Another fabulous weekend in the books. Saturday my family had a little get together to have a belated Easter celebration, and early birthday celebration for my brother-in-law and I. My sister paid careful attention to my Pintrest page, and I was showered with lots of great goodies. I made there cheesy biscuit bombs for dinner and everyone loved them.



Sunday Zach and I did our second Cherry Blossom 5k. We are much better runner this time around and both broke our course records. I loved running past the mile 1 marker and seeing the race leader lap me ... he was a 11 year old boy. 


After the race we headed over to an Elun Alumni volunteer event for Lost Dog. Lost Dog is a foster dog organization and they were having an adoption drive at Pet Smart. I was overwhlemed by the amount of dogs there. They had over 30! The dogs were classified by green bandanas (good to go, can socialize with people and dogs) and red bandanas (need to keep seperate from the crowd). Of all the dogs, of course I was given the one red bandana! I had to spend the entire event seperated across the parking lot with Tosha, a little yapper that loves to bark at other dogs. Get it together Tosha. Zach, naturally, got a lab mix and fell in love. Buster was a true sweet heart who spent most of the event curled up in Zach lap. How rude. 

No comments:

Post a Comment