Last month I enjoyed a nice break of having Zach home on the weekends when his grad school was on winter break. His last free weekend was a three day weekend so I suggested we check out a Virginia winery. Yes, Virginia actually has a bunch of really great wineries. I googled Best Virginia Wineries, The Washington Post came up, and I saw that Barrel Oak welcomes dogs. Bingo!
Barrel Oak is about an hour drive from the city. January is definitely not the best time to go visit wineries, but even with the bare trees, the place was gorgeous. The three of us walked indoors and the place was filled with dogs, music and plenty of wine. Riley was a little confused, but she got into it after awhile. After we did a tasting, we ordered a bottle of wine and cheese platter to take out side. We had a fire pit lit for us and we were able to enjoy our wine and take it all in.
Highly recommend Barrel Oak! If you are looking for a little break from the city, this is absolutley perfect.

No comments:
Post a Comment