Hi
there, my name is Susan, and I am hungry :o Sometime last week my husband came
home all excited. His friends (a married couple) just finished Whole 30 and it
worked wonders for them. Well I had no idea what he was talking about, so I
turned to Google. I pulled up the website and my jaw fell. The concept of Whole
30 is to only put natural things into your body. You are limited to meats,
vegetables, fruits and fats (avocado, nuts, etc). That doesn’t seem too bad
right? Then you think of what you can’t have – bread, dairy, sugar, alcohol,
etc… It is quite a commitment!
Well
I don’t know what came over me, but I sorta* agreed to do it (we are going on
vacation in three weeks, so I said we could do it up until then). Instead of
the Whole 30, we could do the Whole 19. In my head I was like, oh yeah, 19 day
is nothing! I do struggle with food, so if this could be any benefit to my
eating habits, it would be worth it right?
We
are now on day 3 and I have to admit, I am just plain hungry. Or maybe I am just
thinking about not being able to eat certain things? No particular cravings
though. I am hoping once I get over the hump things will get much better and I
won’t be constantly thinking about my stomach! I have now gone 5.5 days without
a piece of gum (I started that early) and 2.5 days with out soda or chocolate.
Wish me luck!
In
the mean time, I would like to share a recipe that works with any diet. We had it for our first two
dinners and its delicious. I substituted my own taco seasoning for the package
(the interwebs suggested that), but I am sure it will be just as good with the
regular stuff.
Oven
Baked Fajitas
2
bell peppers
1
large onion
2 TB
oil
1
package fajita seasoning mix
Package
of chicken breast cut into strips (or chicken tenders)
Preheat
the oven to 400. Cut all items into strips and place in a greased 9x13 pan. Mix
oil with a packet of seasoning and pour the mixture over the chicken and
veggies, stir to coat. Bake for 20 – 30 minutes (I did 30) or until your
veggies are done to your liking.

No comments:
Post a Comment