Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Crystal City 5k


Zach and I had a pretty unusual, active week last week. Taste of the South, D.C. Improve with my brother, an acoustic Matt Nathanson concert, and we topped it off with Crystal City 5k. I have been wanting to do one of these for a couple years now. In April Crystal City (the neighborhood I lived in for 5 years after college) hosts a 5k every Friday night. You run through the main drag with lots of shops and things to look at. There is a DJ and an after race party. Basically, a fun little evening. 

We weren't particularly training for this race, but we both did really well. It was a great race size because I could people watch and recognize a lot of people throughout the race. We probably won't make it back for another one this April, but I would definitely do another Crystal City race sometime in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment