Wednesday, April 2, 2014

March Book of the Month - The Dr. Pepper Prophecies by Jennifer Roberts


 I actually read 1.5 books in March. No, I was not an overachiever, I just picked a book that takes approximately 3 hours to get through! I was on Amazon looking for some of the recommend books you all suggested, but I was distracted by the title of this book – The Dr. Pepper Prophecies (I was on Whole 30 at the time and really missing soda). Dr. Pepper is the standard chick-lit book. It’s about a loveable, accident prone, British girl, who is down on her luck. This book features Mel. She is a dead-end job, with a horrible ex, a terrifically small flat, and a crazy family. But of course, she does have the perfect male best friend that she is definitely not in love with. By the end of the book, surprise... she finds happiness! 

No, this wasn’t the best best book I have ever read, but it was just what I needed after a really dark read, and to take on vacaition.

I finished Dr. Pepper somewhere over Kansas on the flight to San Francisco, so I started re-reading King of Torts by John Grisham. This is about a young, broke laywer in D.C. who mysteriously lands the case of a lifetime and becomes an overnight millionare doing mass litigation law. I love this book. Plenty of mystery and suspense, and the backdrop is the city I love, Washington, D.C. I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment