For Memorial Day weekend Zach and I, along with another couple, seemed like the only people crazy enough to DRIVE down to Atlanta for our friends wedding. I knew it was going to be a long time in the car, but I knew we were going to make some fun stops to make it all worth it.
Friday around lunch time the four of us left D.C. and drove to Raleigh to spend time with my cousins-in-law. We ate deliciously bad-for-you burgers at Big Daddys, and grabbed a drink downtown with our Raleigh family. It was a great night.
Saturday we hit the road, and thanks to the suggestion of my hubby, made an unplanned trip to the outlets in Mebane for a little shopping. Mebane might not be a lot to write home about, but the outlets are amazing! On the road again, we made one last stop around Deluth, GA before our goal of making it to Turner Field for a Braves game. I went into the gas station and bought four $1 scratch offs for the car. I let our friends pick their tickets first, and Zach scoffed at me for wasting my money on the tickets. I handed him his, and then went to work on mine. I scratched off the ticket and looked down to see that I won $5,000!!! Of course I did not believe it, so I turned to Zach and said, "This didn't happen right?" He looked at me in utter disbelief, "No, you couldn't." I ran in to hand the ticket to the gas station attendant, because surely I was being punked, but she looked up and said, "Shut up!" I had actually won $5,000!! I had to mail the ticket in, but I am still in shock. What a wonderful trip!
The rest of the weekend was great. Ali and Graig looked absolutely stunning, and they got married at a beautiful, lake front resort. Our group of friends got to hang out by the pool all day, soaking up the sun before the wedding. It was very relaxing, and well worth the drive!

No comments:
Post a Comment