I can hardly contain my rage right now. Over the past year I have gotten very familiar with airports and air travel. Lets just say I will be grateful for a time in my life where I am not getting on a plane once a month. I know there is a lot more going on then I know of, but to me, it seems like airlines commit highway robbery on a daily basis. Today just added to the list.
This summer I booked two flights, two weeks apart. One round trip in August to go from Baltimore to Florida, and one round trip from D.C. to Dallas. Once I was dealt the whole unemployment blow Zach suggested that I stay with him in Austin with him after Florida until we went to Dallas. Brilliant. So I called Southwest and very seamlessly switched my Florida to Baltimore flight to Florida to Austin. Granted this is a little last minute, but today I just called American Airlines to cancel my flight from D.C. to Dallas, but keep my return trip to D.C. No problem right? I would just eat the $150 i spent on the first half of the flight. That makes sense right? Imagine my surprise when I was told it would cost me over $1,000 to cancel the first leg and still get on my return flight. That was not a typo people ... $1,000!!!! Seriously?? The con-artists explained to me that because it is now considered a "one-way" flight they would have to book me at today's rate. Un-freakin-believable. I already paid $300 for the flight, and you to charge me $1,000 FOR THE SAME SEAT??!!!
Seriously, airlines should be ashamed of themsselves. So angry right now.
That is ridiculous! Can you stay in TX for longer to avoid paying this crazy fee?!
ReplyDeleteIf you don't do anything you can still just hop on your 'return' flight from Dallas back home.
ReplyDelete-Stephanie's Mark (Hi from Denver)