Well I meant to write this yesterday, but I got tied up. With a one day delay here is our first Wedding Wednesday! We are still waiting for a contract to be signed, but I think we are all set for our church and our venue!
Since we began dating Zach and I went to church at Holy Trinity in Georgetown. We knew for awhile that is where we would want to get married. The church is in the middle of a gorgeous Georgetown neighborhood, very close to the campus. So that was an easy decision, all we needed was a date.
When I started looking for a venue I wanted to be as close to the church as possible so it was a big pain for our guests to get from point A to B. Unfortunately, Georgetown is also a very expensive neighborhood, so I knew we had to branch out our search a bit. Looking on weddingwire.com I found the perfect place ... the George Washington Masonic Memorial. It is a beautiful building that sits on top of a hill over looking Old Town Alexandria. It is within walking distance to the metro, hotels, restaurants and shopping, and is not too far away from the city. I was nervous that I built the venue up to much, but when I went to visit it last week I knew it was going to be perfect. It is a very beautiful space, and very D.C. Just what Zach and I are looking for!
November 2012 here we come :)
No comments:
Post a Comment