Thursday, September 22, 2011

Texas Showers

To cap off my time in Texas, Zach and I drove over to Dallas to visit his family and celebrate his sisters. His younger sister Becky is getting married this May and his youngest sister Rachel is having a baby boy this October! Since the majority of his extended family is on the east coast it was decided we would double up on the showers so everyone could be there to share in the fun. I hadn't had the chance to see any of Zach's family since the beginning of the year, so I was so excited to see everyone again.


We started off Saturday morning with a baby shower for Rachel. She is possibly the cutest little pregnant girl you have ever seen. I mean, get out of here with your cuteness girl. My major project for this shower was the Onsie Decorating Contest. For the past couple months I have been collecting blank onsies, stencils, paint, fabric pens, etc. We set up a table and every woman at the shower had the chance to decorate one. Rachel definitely won't have to do laundry for awhile once the little guy comes. Can't wait to meet him!




Saturday afternoon we joined the boys at Rangers stadium for Becky and Rankin's wedding shower. Friends and family gathered in a suite, and we got to watch the game (unfortunately it was a loss). I made this game board (I swear I thought I pressed spell check) where everyone could guess the score at the 3rd, 6th, and 9th inning. Rachel's in-laws put together these amazing gift baskets for the winners.


It was long day, but it was so much fun to hang out with family and friends. I'm excited for a more normal year next year when we can more normally visit each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment