Ladies and gentleman ... I can see!!! Last week Zach and I headed to Dallas so I could get lasik surgery. I was a nervous nelly, and extremely grateful for the zanix they gave me. Its kind of crazy that you spend 2 hours in a doctors office and you come out with the gift of sight! I still feel like I am wearing contacts because I am so used to that. It is so weird to just wake up and be able to see, or go to bed at night and not have to get out of my "eyes." I am so thankful that I was fortunate enough to get the surgery and will have so many years of perfect vision!
The other big perk of our trip was staying at my in-laws new house. We had seen it over Christmas when it was in the final stages of construction, but this was the first time all 9 of us were in the house together. October Road is truly amazing and a complete escape. Built on a lake near Dallas the house has an unobstructed, 180 degree view of the water, and the sun sets over the lake every night. It is a mix between a cabin lodge and a lake house. I am so happy for Zach's parents, and can't wait for all our future family get togethers there. The weekend was filled with lots of sunsets, wine, play time with my nephew, great food and 20/20 vision.

It was so fun having you here Sooze! and I am so happy your eyes are perfect, we can't wait to see you in less than a month!!!
ReplyDelete