Junior year I studied abroad in London and became friends with my flatmate P. When we got back to Elon I moved next store to P and her roommates E & K. Since we have graduated we have done a pretty good job on getting together. We have visited everyones hometowns, and last year we had two weddings so we got to see each other all the time. This year we wanted to branch out and start visiting a new city no one is from. First stop - Boston!
I landed first so I checked us into the hotel and walked around the city for a bit. Our hotel was right by Boston Common - Boston's version of Central Park. The park is gorgeous. There were lots of crazy flowers, and a lake where people could float about in swan boats.
After a treacherous T ride, the girls joined me at the hotel and we took a little stroll over to Faneuil Hall & Quincy Market. This is the #1 tourist spot in Boston. It is a huge food market surrounded by plenty of shopping. We were all about the food this trip, so this was heaven. We were also not afraid to be tourists so after our ice cream we walked over to the original Cheers where the tv show was based off of. We shared some beers and shirley temples and just enjoyed ourselves. We did a late dinner at Giacomos, this whole in the wall Italian place I heard was good. I absolutely adored it. Put it on the list if you are visiting Boston soon.
Saturday, thanks to Zach knowing everyone, we got a little tour of Fenway. We first got the standard tour that goes every hour. Our guide just loved himself some history, so he went 20 minutes over. We then got picked up by a member of the grounds crew, a real nice guy, and he took us down to the field. We got to sit in the dug out, the bullpen, and have a few photo ops. This guy would make a great boyfriend because he was very willing to take many photos with all our phones and such.
We were loving Boston, but with the heat and what not we decided a Duck tour would be the way to go so we didn't have to keep on walking. Boy was it awful haha. We one tour guide who was a Star Trek junkie, and another who just repeated the same old stories the first one did. :/ At least we all got to get in an afternoon nap.
Saturday evening we threw P a little Sprinkle for Baby Biscuit. Her little girl is due in October, and we just wanted to spoil her. I brought some cookies and wine from home, and the K & E brought the decorations. I think P was really touched. We ended the night with dinner and a walk through Boston's North End, a gorgeous Little Italy.
Sunday P had to leave early, but the rest of us fit in brunch and a stroll through Harvard. We all decided Elon is much prettier. Boston was the perfect city for our first "non home" visit. There was plenty to do, see, eat, and it was oh so walkable. I give it a big Girls Weekend thumbs up!
Next up in summer travels - NYC.







I was! The best sprinkle ever; I loved everything about it! Thanks so much :)
ReplyDelete