Monday, July 29, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up


I had a great weekend filled with tons of family time. Saturday afternoon Zach's side of the family held a crab feast in honor of Zach's grandfather's brother. Basically his whole dad's side of the family, with the exception of Zach's immediate family, was there and it was a blast. 

I actually got to help prepare the crabs which was a ton of fun. I don't know why I didn't realize it, but the crabs were alive and kicking when I arrived. The host opened up the bushel of crabs, and I went after them with the tongs to add them to a steamer. Cousins then doused the crabs with their signature Reed seasoning, and before you knew it everyone was feasting. It was some of the most delicious crab I ever had, but I get frustrated trying to crack crabs pretty easily. I concentrated more on the shrimp and the beer and was a happy camper. 


Sunday we took Zach's aunt, uncle and cousin to Union Market. Union Market opened up a couple months ago in a rougher section of DC. Unlike Eastern Market, it is all food. Oysters, meat, Amish ice cream, empanadas, korean tacos ... it has a little bit of everything, and we ordered a little bit of everything. I went with the braised pork sloppy joe and salted chocolate gelato - yum! We said goodbye to the fam, but luckily we will see them this weekend in the Cape. 

No comments:

Post a Comment