Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Somewhere I Can't Spell, Pennsylvania



This weekend I went up to visit some friends from college for an annual 4th of July celebration (yes, we were a little delayed this year). Our friend who hosts us every year had purchased a house last year, so he took us all to see it. His place is a little outside of Philly in a town I can not spell. Coutchahonken? Maybe? I'll just throw it out there.

Seeing his house gave me extreme home ownership envy. It was a three story row home that him and his girlfriend had done some excellent work on. They laid hardwood floors, painted the walls, made kick ass closets ... this list could go on for awhile.

Although I love D.C. with all my heart, the amount that I have to pay in rent is ridiculous. Sending away that amount of money to rent every month with nothing in return is nothing short of depressing. I know it is a lot of work to own a home, and a lot of money, butI would love to have my own place, and have that amazing feeling that I am not going to have to move in a couple months, or go through the soul sucking apartment search once again.

But for now I must just be happy for my friends who are fortunate enough to make that next big step in their lives. I will try to contain my jealousy to a minimum :)

No comments:

Post a Comment