I got home from work on Monday, and it was a looooooooong Monday. Before I headed up to my apartment I stopped by my mailbox in the lobby and picked up my mail. I had received my credit card statement (boo) and and my rent statement (double boo). However, before I collapsed on the floor with an ultimate case of the Mondays, I also saw a manila package. Not expecting anything, I saw the address was from one of my college neighbors at Elon. So excited, I ripped open the package before my elevator ride was through and saw it was a belated house warming gift ... a level. A wonderfully appropriate, and sweet gift.
So a level, really? you think. I moved next door to E my junior year of college, after spending a semester with her best friend and roommate. So basically, she had to be friends with me. One of my first memories of E was her walking into my room, sitting on my bed being utterly horrified. What was wrong you ask? Well I had hung all my pictures myself, and I can't draw a straight line with a ruler. I had also put my desk together my self and it was sitting at a slight slant. Lovable, OCD E decided then in there if our friendship was going to work, she would never hang out in that hot mess of a bedroom again. Straight line only please, hence the level.
Thanks for the great surprise, it will definitely go to good use!
ahhh i just saw this. i love it, you better put that level to good use! and i need to come visit to confirm everything is in line up there!
ReplyDelete