

One of the perks of Zach’s job is that I sometimes get to tag along on his travels. Before I had met him my experience in traveling the United States had very much been limited to the East Coast, but that has changed dramatically now! When we were thinking of a trip for me to join Seattle, Washington was one of my top choices. We headed to the land of coffee, grunge and Greys’ Anatomy last Friday and had the best long weekend. Here are some of the highlights:

Friday afternoon we took a two hour long boat tour of Lake Washington and Lake Union. Relaxing on a boat with a beer in my hand is not a bad way to spend the afternoon, but to top it off, we got to see some really cool things. We saw several important monuments to our country. Like …

Bill Gates' House,

the Sleepless in Seattle House,

the house where they filmed Jason’s season of the Bachelor

and the park where they shots scenes in 10 Things I Hate About You.
Saturday we met up with a friend to see Randy Rogers play at the Tractor Tavern in one of the neighborhoods surrounding Seattle. Randy Rogers, I am told, is “Texas” Country. I do not really know the difference between Texas country and regular country, but I do know I enjoyed the show. For being a hippie town, there certainly were a lot of cowboys representing themselves.

Being the popculture whores that we are, Sunday we went on a nice little hike to see another piece of 10 Things About You, the Freemont Troll. It was featured in a scene when Alex Mac and the boy from Third Rock from the Sun where walking along the water and sat by the troll. It was about a three mile walk, but it took us to this great neighborhood – Freemont. There were lots of cool shops, people with their dogs, and a Sunday market where I picked up a few gifts.

If you haven’t been to Seattle before I would definitely put it on your must visit list. It has a little something for everyone, you won’t be disappointed!
No comments:
Post a Comment