August is almost halfway gone, meaning that summer is coming to a close. When did that happen? But if you happen to still have a beach vacation around the corner a. I'm jealous and b. I have a couple book recommendation for you.
One of my first summer reading books was The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. When the movie trailer came out for the movie a couple years ago it looked very confusing to me, but when I was hanging out with a group of friends this winter they were raving about the book so I knew I should try it out. It is a story about Claire and Henry. Henry travels in time - the past and the future - but does not have control of it. Claire first meets him when she is a little girl, and he is traveling from the future. They eventually meet up in the present and start their love story. I really enjoyed this book. It is definitely far fetched, but it the end it was such a great romance between Claire and Henry.
The book I just finished reading was One Day by David Nicholls. It takes place on July 15 over the course of 20 years. It is the story of Emma and Dexter, two English college students who were largely strangers and spent the night together on their graduation night. The story follows them on what they are doing on July 15 over the next 20 years. Sometimes they are together, sometimes they are not. And the ending is definitely a shock. It is not the best book I ever read, but it is great for a summer vacation read.
No comments:
Post a Comment