Thursday, August 5, 2010

Arlington Cemetery


Today's adventure in Metroland took me to Arlington Cemetery. The cemetery is one of the D.C. locations that I want to see, and know I need to go see it, but just haven't gotten around to it. I got off at this metro station tonight because my metro train was offloaded. For those not hip to the metro lingo, this means you are riding on a full train - 8 cars full of people - and you all have to get off because there is something wrong with the train. Now, for the next train that comes, already full of people, is bombarded with another train car full of people trying to get back in. To add on to the fun, it was raining, and Arlington Cemetery metro is an outdoor station.

Normally when offloading happens you are bombarded with lots of frustration, sarcasm, and jadedness from metro commuters. However, tonight I was chilling next to a very nice girl who took out her umbrella, and with out acknowledging me, positioned the umbrella in an odd angle for her, but in a way that would cover me too. How nice is that? Yay for random acts of metro kindness. We eventually re boarded the next train, only to be stuck underground for a few more minutes. That train was then offloaded at Pentagon City, but thankfully that was the end of the line for me. Yay public transit!

No comments:

Post a Comment