Sorry for being MIA for that past two weeks. I have been playing catch up for awhile, so I will tell you about my last big adventure in Las Vegas. So I arrived at the Las Vegas airport the Wednesday before my company's meeting was starting and one of dreams came true. I had a driver waiting for me at the end of the escalator with a sign that said Ms. O'Brien. I mean I always thought that was so cool, to be important enough to merit a man dressed in a suit ready to take you where ever you want to go. It's the small things in life you know?
Anyways I was driven in an over the top limo taking me to the Wynn Las Vegas. One of the perks of this job is that I get to stay in hotels that I would never on my own be able to afford. I guess that is the difference between working for an association of lawyers and not an association for teachers. The Wynn was gorgeous! Great rooms, awesome pools, delicious restaurants, the works. Our meeting went really well too. I felt much more comfortable this time around than my first meeting, so I worked with the hotel staff much more efficiently, I could handle the bumps that came along the way, and was prepared for the weird personalities that our attorneys brought to the table.
Vegas is a cool city. I can not take away from that. But if you aren't going with friends, there is no real point to go at all. I am not the biggest fan of my co-worker so my Vegas experience was relatively PG. I walked the Strip, going in and out of the different hotels. The Bellagio fountains, famous for the Ocean's 11 appearance, were worth the stop. The gross, sorry to stereotype, Hispanic guys and girls standing on the strip handing out fliers for naked girls were a real buzz kill, but the margaritas from Jimmy Buffet's Margartiaville were some of the best I have ever had. My favorite hotel was Paris actually. It was incredibly cheesy, but I loved it. I spent $22 dollars on slot machines, and can you believe it, I did not become the big winner! I won $5 dollars at one point but it went away quickly.
Now I can officially cross Vegas off my list. Been there, done that, worn the t-shirt.
No comments:
Post a Comment