
There are not a lot of things that can keep me up past 10:00 p.m. on a school night. However, when the Texas Rangers are playing in Game 5 (do or die) of the ALDS, I can make an exception. Last night the Texas Rangers traveled back to Tampa Bay to face the Rays in the last game of the ALDS, with the winner moving on to face the New York Yankees. Zach's dad is the trainer for the Rangers, and in his career has only been to the playoffs once before, so it put a little extra drama in to the series. You just aren't rooting for a sports team, you are rooting for family.
People ask me if I was a baseball fan before I met Zach. We'll I liked baseball, but definitely not to a point where I would watch more than 5 games a season. Although I have given him a good portion of grief this year (do we really have to watch every game?) I have actually really enjoyed watching the Rangers play, and was over the top nervous to watch last nights game.
While Zach created holes in my carpet from pacing up and down, I curled up on the couch and watched in anticipation. Slowly we earned a run here, we earned a run there. It was until the 9th inning when the Rangers opened up the game 5-1 that I started to breath a little easier. And the won!!! I am was so happy for Zach's dad and the team for winning and loved every minute of watching their ginger ale/champagne celebration. Go Rangers! Bring on the Yankees!
No comments:
Post a Comment