While today's winds made a great effort to chip away at me, there managed to be a few bright spots in my day. During work I had lunch at one of D.C.'s finer restaurants with a sales representative at one of D.C.'s fine hotels that was trying to court my organization to hold our next Annual Meeting there. This is definitely a perk of my job. While I found it a bit awkward talking to this woman for two hours (she dines like the Europeans), I thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Everything was served family style and we dined on:
Roasted Maine Scallops
Braised Beef Rib
Jumbo Lump Crabcakes
Baby Beets with Preserved Orange Peel
Hand Cut BDT Triple Fries
Straight from the Oven Chocolate Cake, Maker’s Mark FlambĂ©
and
Peanut Butter Ice Cream
Braised Beef Rib
Jumbo Lump Crabcakes
Baby Beets with Preserved Orange Peel
Hand Cut BDT Triple Fries
Straight from the Oven Chocolate Cake, Maker’s Mark FlambĂ©
and
Peanut Butter Ice Cream
Yum. I even didn't mind the beets, and that is huge for me.
When I left work, still pretty stuffed, I braved the weather again and finished up the rest of my Christmas shopping at a couple stores in D.C. and VA. I am now done! Woop Woop! It is a great feeling.
Hope everyone is surviving the crazy winter weather and enjoying the Christmas season.
When I left work, still pretty stuffed, I braved the weather again and finished up the rest of my Christmas shopping at a couple stores in D.C. and VA. I am now done! Woop Woop! It is a great feeling.
Hope everyone is surviving the crazy winter weather and enjoying the Christmas season.
That meal sounds delicious!! YUM!
ReplyDelete