
Well it seems like everyone is getting festive this time of year - even metro...
I was packing my lunch this morning and my ears perked up when I heard something about Metro disruption yellow and blue lines. I turned my attention to the news and saw that there was a "suspicious" package at Pentagon Station, and trains were diverting themselves so they would not pass through the station. Fabulous, exactly what you want to hear first thing in the morning. Basically, I was cut off metro wise from getting into D.C., not cool. To add to my frustrations, I had spent an extra hour on the Metro Monday morning because there was a fire at Metro Center causing every train to come to a halt.
I packed up my things and left my studio trying to mentally prepare myself for the chaos I was about to discover. On the way down a woman I had never met before warned me about the situation and I thanked her. We exited into the lobby and she asked me where I needed to get to. When I replied she said, "Come on, you are going with me." Considering my options were a. get in the car with a complete stranger or b. stand in 30 degree weather with hundreds of pissed off commuters, I chose a.
We actually had a very pleasant car ride in. Leslie has lived in my building for 14 years and is from Chicago. She dropped me off a block from work and I got in on time to get a web page ready for my boss before she walked in. Merry Christmas Leslie!
Oh, I almost forgot. A couple minutes ago my co-worker informed me what the "suspicious" package was. A Christmas ornament that was blinking in a trashcan... Ho Ho Ho.
No comments:
Post a Comment