Tuesday, December 21, 2010

How Do You Know?



This past summer film crews came to D.C. to shoot scenes for the new romantic comedy "How Do You Know." They were here for a substantial amount of time, shooting on my friend Kate's street, outside the bar I spent my 24th birthday at, and a couple blocks from my work. Reese Withersoon, Paul Rudd, Owen Wilson and Jack Nicholson ... and I missed every single one of them! How unfair. The trailer came out this past fall, and my D.C. spotting pride put it on the top of my must-see list.

Zach and I went to go see it on Friday night in Georgetown. Within the first 2 minutes there is a wide shot of Rosslyn and the Key Bridge and the theatre went bananas, clearly there were other people in the theatre that loved to see their city on the big screen as well. I loved recognizing familiar sights, but unfortunately I never saw Kate's street. The characters were on and off D.C. Metro buses every five moments of the film, which I thought was funny, because I have not set foot on one before in my life. The Washington Nationals must have spent a lot of money on advertising, because Nationals merchandise and fans were positioned prominently throughout the movie.

So was it a good movie? Eh, it was okay. I love myself some Reese Witherspoon, but there was nothing really extraordinary about the film. If you want to go to see the movie because of the D.C. setting, you wont be disappointed. But if you are going to be thoroughly entertained - save this one for Netflix.

No comments:

Post a Comment